RIAD RCIF & SPA
Come to the heart of the largest medina in the world and experience life in a palace. The doors have only been open since May 2012.
- Riad Rcif in Fes is one of the old grand buildings of Fes, located in Laayounne, an old area of the medina. Built in 1372 for the Pasha (governor) it has recently been restored by Fes local Hicham, who is passionate about preserving the history of his world heritage listed city.
- Now you can stay in this magnificent family run riad, surrounded by world famous Fassi arts and crafts. From hand-carved cedar ceilings and doors, sculpted plaster pillars and intricate zellige (mosaic), to magical brass lanterns, exquisite embroidery and luxurious fabrics.
- The panoramic terrace has a stunning view over the medina up to the south fort. This is shaded by day and beautiful by night when you can taste Fatima's legendary home cooking under the stars. The riad is very close to guarded parking and only a few minutes walk to all the main sites. After exploring the labyrinth, the riad provides a perfumed oasis to retreat to.
- Hicham's family and the australian manager Aisha will ensure that you have an unforgettable stay in Fes. Between them, many languages are spoken and there is a complete understanding of what a visitor to Morocco wants and needs.
- You are a guest in our beautiful home, here to experience the true art of living in Moroccan style. We wish you a big welcome and hope to see you soon in Fes!
Discover the many specialties of the Fassi kitchen as you savour the subtle blend of spices, the fresh market ingredients and the highest quality meat available.
- Hicham's mother Fatima is a gifted cook with a big heart, an infectious laugh and a lot of love. Revel in the magic of her light fluffy couscous, succulent tagines of beef and prunes, chicken with lemon and olives, barbecued lamb, brouillates, and her famous mouthwatering pastilla - layers of chicken or fish with almonds and spices all wrapped in a light pastry parcel. These dishes are preceded by an appetising array of salads and olives and finished with a bowl of seasonal fruits.
- Riad Rcif in Fes also offers a selection of beers from Fes and Casablanca, wines from Meknes and French champagne.